The Minnesota Jaycees is a statewide community of young active citizens ages 18-40 who share the belief that in order to create positive change, we must take collective action to improve ourselves and the world around us. Engaging in activities ranging from community development to statewide projects, members demonstrate their social responsibility and improve themselves through participation, leadership and action.
The Minnesota Jaycees is a nonprofit organization that is supported by voluntary contributions from members and friends of the Minnesota Jaycees who share a vision for a better Minnesota.
In the course of fulfilling its mission of supporting local chapters located throughout the state of Minnesota, the organization collects personal information regarding the individuals it serves. The Minnesota Jaycees is committed to maintaining the privacy of these individuals.
The Minnesota Jaycees has adopted this privacy statement to affirm this commitment and to assure transparency in how it collects, retains and uses personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies and describes a Minnesota Jaycees member or other individual, including but not limited to name, contact information, date of birth and email address.
Why the Minnesota Jaycees collects personal information:
- Financial processing, including, but not limited to, billing and payments.
- Supporting the Minnesota Jaycees Foundation, including, but not limited to, fund development, grants, awards, recognition and promotion.
- Tracking membership trends, identifying Minnesota Jaycees members for advancement to leadership positions and supporting membership renewals.
- Communicating key organizational messages through state publications and appropriate JCI, National and Local officers.
- Facilitating the planning and operation of state conventions and other meetings and special events.
- Supporting and further developing programs and activities.
- Facilitating participation in programs and activities.
- Communicating information to non-Minnesota Jaycees members, including, but not limited to, alumni, partners and licensees.
When Minnesota Jaycees may disclose personal information to others:
Minnesota Jaycees may disclose personal information about members and other individuals to others as necessary to facilitate the purposes of Minnesota Jaycees. This may include activities such as mailing newsletters/updates, communicating with local members or officers, or connecting members of the community to a local chapter.
Minnesota Jaycees may also disclose personal information when:
- Such information is already otherwise available to the public.
- Such disclosure may be required by law.
- When necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an individual or group.
Protection of personal information:
Personal information on www.mnjaycees.org
Minnesota Jaycees will protect the security of personal information on mnjaycees.org by using password-protected areas and other appropriate security measures. Minnesota Jaycees will restrict access to personal information available on mnjaycees.org to appropriate persons.
Accuracy of personal information
Minnesota Jaycees will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information it retains is accurate. Minnesota Jaycees will provide reasonable access to individuals seeking to confirm or correct their personal information.